Monday, August 13, 2007

Dehra Dun

I'm really sorry this image is so grainy, but it was the best one I could find to show the location of Dehra Dun on a map of India. you'll just have to take my word for it that the pointer is in fact pointing to Dehra Dun!!


I came here on the way to Mussoorie. It happened to be the dedication service for a new Church building for Stephen Alfred's (medical director of the hospital I work in) brother's Church there on Saturday as I was passing through. I stayed overnight.

The Church helps support three schools/orphanages, and is also about to start another school in their new premises.

they also help fund an alcohol and drugs rehab residential center that I also visited during my time there. They are doing great work, and the center is run by ex-addicts, which I think is great.

Stephen Alfreds Brother Sam actually broke down in tears during the dedication service, and that was just so powerful. He really loves the poor and orphans and marginalised of the society around him.


Tony Sergant (the principal of the "International Christian College" where I did a couple of modules, and the guy who first told me about Lok Hospital) was in Dehra Dun to lead the services, and he gave me a signed copy of his book "The sacred anointing"!! (It's all been worth it!!!)

No comments: