Thursday, March 01, 2007

Some encouragement

Jo's teaching session today at the hospital went really well. She was expecting around 20 people, and therefore I think thought that less than that would come- BUT 34 PEOPLE CAME!! and so she feels really encouraged.

I also did teaching with our staff at the aids project today. I had to move our teaching forwards to their lunch hour (they still got lunch afterwards though) so that it didn't clash with Jo's teaching. However one of them said "if you are teaching, then a late lunch is our pleasure", and then afterwards I asked if they had any questions, and the same person said "you teach us so perfectly that we have no questions". I was also really encouraged!!

This morning I did a bible study on forgiveness with our staff (we have a bible-study every morning). Anyway, I started crying as I was speaking about Christ in agony on the cross saying "father forgive them for they know not what they do". Several other members of staff were moved, and the lady who prayed afterwards was also in tears.

I felt that God was really speaking through me this morning, and I was really humbled that he should choose to use a sinner like me.

No comments: