Friday, March 30, 2007

Oh me oh my!

I think many f you know the situation with my eye- basically alistair badly scratched my eye in July 2006, and until December I had had 15 spontaneous recurrences. Very painful and debilitating actually. At the beginning of December 2 of the leaders from our church prayed for my eye, and I had no further problems for 3 months, and was pretty chuffed. However at the beginning of March I had another recurrence, and I was feeling really sorry for myself.

Later that day I went into work, and there was a man there who has AIDS, and no house, and pneumonia. (we have now treated his pneumonia, he is taking medicines for AIDS, and we have also found him a house). When I saw him it put my problems into proper perspective, and I was filled with hope and joy as I counted my blessings, and stopped focusing on small problems!

I think it is a good lesson to try and focus on our many blessings at at times.

I once wrote a poem, so I thought I'd give it a go again; Jo says that I have no talent, but I'll let you be the judge of that. I'm quietly confident in my abilities-

"I had a sore eye
Oh me oh my
I think I'll die
What a disaster
Pass me a plaster

Why do poems mostly rhyme?
Seems to me a waste of ..."

I expect the publishers will be queing up now?...
...Anyone?

No comments: