Thursday, November 30, 2006

Home visits

I don't tend to go out on home visits much, as my largeness, and whiteness atttracts a fair amount of attention in the slums in which we mostly operate!

I came across this "bridge" recently, and couldn't resist taking a snap with my phone.

Basically the bridge on the left is so ramshackle and dangerous that people use the pipe as a bridge. I wouldn't fancy it in monsoon, when the surface polished by thousands of feet might get a bit slippy!

The water is filthy and theres a pretty foul reek eminating from the mirky green water!

The 2nd photo gives an idea of the kind of dwelling that many of our patient's families live in. Generally they are actually made of brick, but are usually this size, with a small area for washing in the corner, and no running water or toilet........

......speaking of which, you can see the public toilets behind and to the right of Rahul (who I work with)....
....talking about foul reeks... Posted by Picasa

No comments: