Friday, July 28, 2006

better news

Just to update you on my dad's situation, his further tests were fairly encouraging.
It doesn't seem the problem is as bad as I'd feared. There has been a biopsy done, and we will have some more results in a week or so.
There is still a fair chance of malignancy, but good hope that if it is then a curative operation will be possible.

I got an email from a friend today, and this is a section of it. I found it really encouraging-

"My Mum was diagnosed c breast cancer about 7 years ago. After 6/12 she had a large recurrence. The biopsy showed the same cancer as initially. Post op the very experienced breast surgeon (40 years of practise) told Dad that it as a very aggressive recurrence involving under her arm, and he was not able to resect it all and the prognosis beyond a year looked grim. When the path result came back it was non-malignant much to surgeons embarrassment and utter amazement! Now being a sceptical medic I have always been wary of ascribing healing to God. However I do know that he does heal and this for me was a clear case of God's hand. Mum is still v well. I just tell you this story to say that whatever the outcome of the biopsy you need to know that God can heal if he so chooses for His purposes. We can't know why he does /doesn't choose to heal.....but we must just faithfully pray and commit such situations into his mighty hands knowing that he is sovereign. He controls our destiny. "

I was just remarking today to 2 of my colleagues that I believed in God's healing power, but I lacked the faith when I pray for healing, and don't really expect anything to happen. Perhaps God is going to use this situation to reinforce my faith in his omnipotent power!


Please keep us all in your prayers.

No comments: