Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Jo speaking!

I really miss my work (never thought I'd say that!). It's quite a shift for me to not have a role as such and not to be using my skills at all. Hopefully once the kids are a bit older I will be able to do a bit at the hospital.

We're doing ok here. It's hotting up now (not that it ever felt cool) which I find particularly difficult. It makes everything more tiring and it is harder to entertain Alistair in the heat. If you need a specific prayer point for me it would be this - that I would have the strength to cope with the heat on a daily basis and be able to find ways to entertain Alistair depsite it - he is so energetic! He is so lovely just now. Such a wee character - quite a comedian. He adores Freya which is such a blessing. Freya is doing really well. She is sleeping on my lap as I write this. We are so chuffed with her. Especially as we were convinced we were having a boy!
Our flat faces due South, and we have a powercut between 3-6pm, so we have no fans to keep us cool. Also we live 6 floors up, and the flat we are in doesn't have a generator for the lift, so it is very difficult to get out of the flat in the afternoons, so I feel a bit like a prisoner in an oven!Because of this we prayed 2 weeks ago about whether we should move, and the very next day were offered (out of the blue) a very large flat on the 11th floor. It is close to here and faces West with views over the hills. It's nice and cool and has a generator for the lift. It will cost a bit more than our current place, but has a communal swimming pool and a play park, which is ideal. It will also be better for visitors.

Our church in Glasgow is having a "global focus" weekend on Sunday and we are going to do a live video-link call over the internet to the whole church! We're really looking forward to it. We miss our church back home. The church we are going to here is very different from what we are used to, a brethren style church.

We are planning a visit back to the UK in June (10th - 3rd July approx). Would be great to be able to meet up with you all then. God bless. x

No comments: