Friday, November 30, 2007

Bangalore

OK, I realise that I rarely get things added to this blog when it happens, but at least I do get it added eventually!

Recently I was fortunate enough to be added to a list of speakers at an HIV/AIDS conference in Bangalore run by an American charity called 'Samaritans Purse'. The conference was mostly for church pastors, and it was to encourage and equip them to be able to reach out with love to people suffering and dying of HIV/AIDS. There is a lot af fear and lack of understanding about the illness, and as much as anything, people just need to know the truth. Often people are scared of catching the virus unnecessarily.


This photo is of the main shopping street in Bangalore- it is called MGM Road. It is very westernised, with bars, coffee-shops, cinemas, and even the occasional pool-hall!

I had some chicken from this KFC in 1998, and later had a bit of a tummy upset! I avoided their delights on this occasion (I didn't have time)

I was able to feel quite at home with the "Bombay store" supplying all my Bombayite needs??!!

I loved these "Ironwallahs". I have not seen these in Mumbai, but I saw several of these in Bangalore. The iron actually contains a charcoal burning compartment. This fellow was delighted to have his photo taken, which was nice. Often when you show peope their photo on the back of your digital camera they start to giggle- grown men no exception.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: